Because I’ve done some posting about Mother’s Day – table decorations and recipes, thus far – I’m sure I’ve made my children a little nervous. They are probably wondering what my expectations are for the day and are probably pondering what to do for their dear old mom. Not! But anyway, I thought I would give them a little help. If you are reading this, my darling children, I really have no expectations for the day. I’ll be happy as long as you remember Mother’s Day and you give me a call. However, if, by any chance, one of you buys me a gift card for Mother’s Day, here’s a cute way to wrap it!
*Paper for template
*Heavy colored paper
*Pencil, stylus, or small knitting needle
*Rubber stamp, optional
*Ink pad, optional
*Sticker or a punch-out
1. Click on the photograph of the template at the bottom of the page and the image should become enlarged.
2. Print out this image.
3. Cut out the image to create a template.
4. Put the template on the colored paper and trace around it lightly with a pencil.
5. Do not remove the template from the paper. Line up the ruler along a row of dotted lines and run the stylus against the ruler to score the fold lines. Repeat this with the other three rows of dotted lines.
6. Cut the card holder out of the colored paper.
7. If desired, you can write something, stamp a sweet saying, or place a sticker in the center square. This will not be revealed until the gift card is removed.
8. Fold along the scored lines.
10. Fold the sides of the card holder to the center, overlapping as you go. None of the side panels should completely show if folded correctly.
11. To keep panels down, secure with a sticker or a punch-out that has double-stick tape on the back.
12. Give it to your mom and give her a kiss, too!