Sitting at my desk and admiring the sleek beauty of my iMac computer, I think with sadness about the passing of Steve Jobs. His combination of creative intelligence and technological genius definitely put the “ding in the universe” that he so wanted. He challenged and inspired us with his innovations and changed the world forever.
#1 – Inspirational Quotes by Steve Jobs
Take a moment and read the 20 Most Inspirational Quotes By Steve Jobs.
#2 – Picture Perfect
Using the site iPiccy, I downloaded the graphic of Steve Job’s silhouette and the Apple logo, quadrupled the image, selected colors, and added text all within 15 minutes. Because iPiccy is so easy to use and is fun to experiment with, you’ll find yourself searching your photo library for more photos on which to test techniques and effects. Why not plan ahead and create something interesting for your holiday cards?
#3 – Apple Trivia
Apple season is here, so check out how much you know about this popular fruit:
• Over 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States and 7,500 varieties are grown worldwide.
• Apples are grown in all 50 states.
• The first recorded apple tree planting was in 1629 by the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
• Americans eat about 19.6 pounds of fresh apples annually, compared to about 46 pounds consumed annually by residents of European countries.
• Apples are a member of the rose family.
• A medium-sized apple contains about 80 calories.
• Apples float because 25% of an apple’s volume is air.
• Two pounds of apples make one 9-inch pie.
• Apples contain no fat, cholesterol, or sodium.
• Apples are a great source of pectin, a water-soluble fiber found to reduce levels of cholesterol by removing it from the blood stream.
• Apples contain boron, an essential trace element that helps to harden bones, which may reduce the onset of osteoporosis.
• Apples are best stored in a plastic bag in your refrigerator.
#4 – Color Quiz
I wasn’t expecting much after I took this quick and simple Color Quiz. I knew color selection affects behavior and learning styles, but I didn’t really appreciate how much it could reveal about a person’s emotional state. Maybe it was just my mood yesterday, but my test results were interestingly accurate. Take the quiz and find out what color selection says about you?
#5 – Happiness
“The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Have a lovely weekend!