What could top off a lovely summer evening of swimming under the stars? What about lazily counting shooting stars while eating delicious homemade popsicles? With the exotic flavors of watermelon, coconut, lime, and mint, these icy treats are as sophisticated as they are refreshing.
Nugget Markets, The Field Guide, Issue No. 16
4 cups watermelon (cubed)
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 teaspoon lime zest
Juice of one lime
1 teaspoon chopped mint
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and puree.
2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
1. Because the watermelon I purchased wasn’t as sweet as it could be, I added 1 teaspoon of organic light agave nectar to the mixture before freezing.
2. Coconut cream is not the same thing as coconut milk. Coconut cream is thicker and richer than coconut milk.
3. The ingredients separated while the popsicles were freezing. I think the coconut fat rose to the top. The popsicles still tasted great and they looked like I had intentionally layered them.
4. This recipe made six popsicles, plus a full ice cube tray. I need to go out and purchase more popsicle molds!