Fizzy, spicy, tart, and sweet come together to create an intriguing beverage. Honey-lemon and lemon-ginger are well-known flavor pairings, but when you put all three flavors together and add some chilled sparkling water, you have a refreshing combination! I could have used this sweetly soothing drink a couple of months ago when I had a summer cold!
Sparkling Ginger Lemonade
Taste of Home Magazine
2 cups water
1 cup honey
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 cups club soda, cold
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, honey and ginger. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Place a mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the mixture into it, discarding the ginger. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher and cool completely.
3. Stir in the soda and lemon juice.
4. Serve over ice.
1. This was a bit too sweet for me, so the next time I make it I will cut back on the amount of honey.
2. The best way to peel ginger is to scrape it off with the edge of a spoon.
3. This recipe does not make very much. You will need to double or triple the recipe to fill an average-sized pitcher.
4. Adult version: add vodka or gin to taste!